My dad had a triple bypass 11 years ago and is doing really bad and we can't afford another one what can and should I do triple bypass was almost 11 years ago he still smokes and he wont go back becuase they will want to do another one and he also has pad

In brief: Get evaluated

He does need to make some good choices or it will be more expensive! for his care.
Depending on the bypasses, they may be fine and he needs medicine adjusted or stents if new vessels involved. Get history and physical.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: My

My heart goes out to you, but honestly you cannot make someone do something they do not want to do.
Your dad knows that smoking can affect his heart condition, yet he continues to do it. He knows that he needs another bypass but has probably given up hope because he cannot afford the surgery. First of all, i think you should talk to your dad and tell him how important he is to you and your sister, and that you want him to get better and chage his lifestyle. It is then up to him if he wants to accept this. As far as care goes, you should start at your local county hospital. They should have an income based program that will allow your dad to get his surgery. Request to speak to a social worker for help in this matter, and eventually encourage your dad to seek counseling (which can also be found through your local county hospital). Best of luck.

In brief: My

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology