Recently on new meds developing chest pains? My chest hurts kind of like when im having a anxiety attack but withought the fast heart beat just a sharp pain my chest feels a little tight and my heart beat feels irregular. I was recently put on celexa fo

One . One must always make sure that there is not a medical origin to a symptom, like chest pain. No matter how much anxiety you have, do not avoid having your doctor evaluate you for chest pain. Maybe a cardiologist needs to be involved? Your primary care doctor or psychiatrist could help you figure out how to make sure the discomfort is not imminently a medical danger. This aside, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, and the likes, often includes physical and emotional components. You are describing some of the physical symptoms: palpitations (heart thumping), shortness of breath, tightness, lightheadedness, sweating, dizziness, etc... The emotional may include sense of impending doom, loss of control, a lot of angst, and the likes. Celexa, an ssri, is a fine medication to start with, along with some sleeping medicine (restoril). People with anxiety disorders are often very sensitive to these medicines, when they first start them, and are often the ones who have an initial paradoxical increase in anxiety at the beginning of starting the medicine. This can be helped with the klonopin (clonazepam), (clonazepam) but not always and since Klonopin (clonazepam) takes a long time to start working, you may further not reap its benefit for over an hour or more. Speak to you doctor/psychiatrist to help balance when you should be taking the klonopin (clonazepam). An example of how he may help: he may suggest lowering the Celexa for a while (e.g. 1/2 tab of smallest pill or 10 mg, or even less). Once you are on this dose for a bit, then the dose can be slowly increased. In a reverse way, taking Klonopin (clonazepam) a little more regularly and tapering off, as Celexa starts working for you, can occur. There are many ways to help. First, make sure no real medical emergency, then clarify alternative strategies, discussing alternatives and their risks and benefits with your doctor. You are in the drivers seat, you just need a road MAP to help a little. Good luck.