Can surgeons force me to have an operation that I don't want?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: No

You are your own boss.
Surgeons are part of your care team. Surgeons are not in the business of forcing treatment. As physicians who have taken the hippocratic oath, "do no harm", surgeons offer opinions. Ultimately it is the patient who decides if they go forward with surgery.

In brief: No

You are your own boss.
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Savas Mavridis
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: No !

As long as you are mentally compitent, no one can force to have anything done! you have to consent to any treatment is sugested to you, and consent should be given only if you fully understand the treatment, the risks involved and possible alternatives to the treatment.
No one person can force you to have anything done unless you agree to it. No matter what the end result you have to decide.

In brief: No !

Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery