What are the different methods of dermabrasion? Is dermabrasion done with more than one kind of method, and how can I determine which is best for me? .

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Dermabrasion

Dermabrasion utilizes several different techniques some use a wire brush or a diamond wheel with rough edges (called a burr or fraise) to remove the upper layers of the skin.
The brush or burr rotates, which takes off and levels skin. This abrades and planes the top layers of the skin. This process "injures" the skin and causes it to bleed. As the wound heals, new skin grows to replace the damaged skin that was removed during dermabrasion.

In brief: Dermabrasion

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav