Will zerona liposuction work for me? I've heard that zerona doesn't work for some people. How can I know if i'm one of them? I don't want to waste money on something that's not going to work.

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Small effect

You cannot expect a surgical result by zerona.
This is just for normal weight patients who have contour problems and small areas to be treated. You will need multiple long sessions and may lose an inch here and there but if you need to have more fat removed, one surgical liposuction will get you there faster and more efficiently.

In brief: Small effect

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Zerona

Zerona laser outcomes are unpredictable.
Your best bet is to consider traditional liposuction for the best results.

In brief: Zerona

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is a good question.
Zerona is not the same procedure as liposuction or laser liposuction. It utilizes low level laser light therapy, but is non-invasive. It has limited to no downtime and the therapy is applied over six 40 minute sessions over a 2 week period. It does have an effect, though mild, but may be something to look at for your problem areas. In some studies it shows a reduction of about 1 inch per area, so not as significant as standard liposuction.

In brief: That

That is a good question.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Uncertain

Zerona is supposed to reduce fat through a low level laser.
I don't offer it in my practice. The worth it rating in realself.Com is 42% with mixed reviews.

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo