Can your own bone be used for chin augmentation? I'm worried about having a reaction to artificial implants. Is it possible to reshape my own bone for chin augmentation? .

Dr. Majid Jamali
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sliding genioplasty

Of course. This is called sliding genioplasty, a method which I prefer. Your own bone is repositioned in a way that you like and screws are used to secure

In brief: Sliding genioplasty

Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: You

You can use your own chin bone to augment the chin area.
The procedure is called a sliding genioplasty and involves making a cut in the chin bone, advancing it forward and then securing it in place. I usually secure the bone with a titanium plate that keeps the bone in the proper position.

In brief: You

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: If

If you have enough bone you could have a sliding genioplasty where they will cut your bone and advance it, then plate it.
So you don't have to havean implant.Soemtimes using you own fat can do well to augment the chin area.www.beautybybrueck.com.

In brief: If

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes,

Yes, it is possible to use your own bone in a process called a sliding genioplasty.
The bone is typically held in place with either wires or a metal plate.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Keegan Duchicela