Can an overweight person get a butt augmentation? I am pretty heavy, but have a relatively flat behind. Am i a candidate for butt augmentation? .

Dr. John Walker
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I don't agree at all, I do lipo and fat transfer procedures regularly on obese individuals and have had a total of 2 infections in the past 400 cases.
One was in a diabetic who was somewhat overweight, and this w as most likely because she allowed her glucose to go out of control. These two issues, obesity and diabetes are separate, even though obesity may be a risk factor in the development of type 2 (adult onset) diabetes. In my experience, in my hands, you would be ideally suited to have liposuction and fat transfer. What i frequently see, but this is not always the case, is patients being motivated to lose weight after liposuction. Simultaneously it must also be said that cosmetic surgery, and liposuction surgery are not weightless surgeries. My last liposuction and fat transfer patient weighed just shy of 300lbs, & she is in love with her rounder, higher buttock appearance after her surgery. I will be posting pictures soon.

In brief: I

Dr. John Walker
Dr. John Walker
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology