How long does lip augmentation last? If I have lip augmentation, how long can I expect the effects to last before having to do it again? .

Lip Aug Options. Lips can be augmented with biologic tissue fillers (dermal fillers), synthetic implants, or your own fat. Implants are permanent, as is a fat transfer, though fat graft does not survive as well in the lips as it does in other areas of the body. Biologic tissue fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm last anywhere from 4 to 6 months.
The. The results of a lip augmentation will depend on the techniques used. Some may last a very long time whereas other techniques may deliver only short lived results. Fillers such as collagen or hyaluronic provide reliable consistent results for 3-12 months whereas other longer term fillers such as artefill provide achieve greater longevity. Biologic implants such as alloderm are another option possibly lasting 2 years. Fat injections may provide slightly longer results. Lip implants are available in a variety of materials accomplishing long term results. Lastly autologous tissue rearrangement may provide the longest results.
The. The fullness in your lips after augmentation will last different times depending on what material is used. In my practice I commonly use juvederm which is a hyaluronic acid and it lasts 9-12 months before more treatment is requested. There are products that last longer but I suggest caution when you look for a plastic surgeon to treat you. Some products are not approved for the lips for various reasons so make sure and ask for as much information as you can before getting any treatment.
How. How long your lip augmentation lasts depends on the technique used. Fillers are the best way to "try-on" new lips. The results typically last 3 to 12 months, and are repeated to maintain results. Grafts, implants and surgical options also exist. For more details follow the link to a series of articles on lip augmentation on my san francisco plastic surgery blog, or cut an paste this into your url: www. Sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog. Com/lip-augmentation-san-francisco-lip-enhancement-introduction/.