With your past history of diabetes
and high blood pressure
, you should make an appointment with your doctor for a complete evaluation as soon as possible. You doctor will take a thorough history and do a neurological evaluation to try and find out what is causing your symptoms. You may want to think about the answers to some of the questions they may ask you such as:
- when did it start?
- how often do they happen?
- are they getting more frequent or more painful?
- how long do they last?
- what does the headache
feel like and can you point to it?
- does it occur around the same time at night or does it ever happen during the day?
- what other symptoms do you have and when do they occur in regards to the headache?
- have you had any big life changes?
- how is your lifestyle? Are you getting enough sleep
, eating well
- are you taking any medications? Do you drink caffeine
and how much?
Answering these questions may help your doctor figure out what is causing your headaches, whether it is a serious problem or not, and how to help you. Good luck!