My boyfrined has very high arched fingers and oddly shaped hands my dad jokes and calls them frog fingers what's wrong? They are very high arched they look rounded and solid white I've never seen any one with fingers like this someone told me it was somet

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: There

There are some things such as marfans that is associated with long fingers, if so there is a need for an evacuation by his pcp .
Some have only a few traits and do not have a disorder. Its difficult to say more from your description.

In brief: There

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: By

By "high-arched" are you referring to the webspaces--the skin that joins the fingers together toward the palm? Do his fingers appear shorter than typical fingers? Is it all the fingers or just some of them? Increased webbing is called syndactyly and can take on a variety of forms and severity.
Usually it involves just 2 fingers. Most people born in this country have them separated at an early age. Short fingers are called brachydactyly. There are some syndromes that cause brachydactyly, sometimes with syndactyly. Do some researching and find out if the finger abnormality is associated with a syndrome. Some of them can have heart and kidney problems, so it can be important to know. If you are serious about this guy and would consider having children with him, you might consider genetic counselling, depending on what the codition is and whether it can be inherited.

In brief: By

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Vicken Poochikian