I am 9 months pregnant and have not been taking my iron/prenatal supplements , will this harm my unborn child? I would really like to know quickly , thank you

In brief: Maybe/not

People were having healthy babies for thousands of years before we knew the benefits of supplements.
Obvious defects like an open spine or quiet ones like low hemoglobin values are usually picked up in the newborn period. Pregnancy tends to extract what it needs from your body, so the supplements help protect you from long term deficiencies like osteoporosis. Skipping I them is not a good idea.

In brief: Maybe/not

In brief: Hello.

Hello. I cannot tell you if not taking prenatal vitamins/ supplements will negativetly impact your unborn child.
Folic acid helps to prevent neural tube defects in the baby. But not having taken Folic Acid does not mean that your baby will have this problem. Iron helps to prevent you from having anemia. Don't try to make up for pills you didn't take earlier in pregnancy by taking a whole bunch now. Just be honest with your obstetrician. I would take these supplements/ vitamins as prescribed for the remainder of your pregnancy. I hope that your delivery goes well and that you have a healthy baby.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey