Heating sensation in upper right thigh w/no pain. Like iron is set on it i'm 45 yrs. Old and unsure what this could be. It occurs more and more often; whether standing or sitting

Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: There

There are many causes of burning in the upper thigh.
Common causes include nerve root irritation in the low back (usually of the L2 or L3 nerve roots) or at front of the hip (compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve causing meraglia paresthetica) and hip arthritis. I would recommend discussing it with yor primary care doctor because treatment varies a lot dependng on the cause. Good luck!

In brief: There

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Adam Smith