Can I stop yearly bronchitis? Every winter I get bronchitis twice, seemingly like clockwork. Is there anything I can do to with the air, such as a humidifier or dehumidifier, to stop this? I live in a place with damp winters, and I thought that might also

Hello.. Hello. There are many people who, like you, get recurrent seasonal bronchitis. Here are some things that you can do to help prevent getting the next bout. 1. This is huge! Avoid cigarette smoke. This includes second hand smoke. If you live or work with cigarette smokers who aren’t considerate enough to do it outside, show them this response. That way they will realize that they are not only harming their own health but they are hurting you as well. 2. Get your flu vaccine every year. Many cases of bronchitis start with the flu. 3. Yes, I know we all learned about hand washing and the spread of germs when we were little. I was taught to cough into my hands. Now a days, they teach kids to cough into the crook of their elbow (much better). When you wash your hands with soap and warm water, do so for the length it takes to sing the abc song. Carry hand sanitizer in your car (or purse or briefcase) — and use it often. 4. If you are age 50 or older ask your doctor for a pneumonia vaccine. 5. Be physically active. This will keep fluids from stagnating and help to keep mucus moving. 6. Drink at least 8 — 8 ounces glasses of water per day. Consider drinking warm /hot herbal teas to keep your airways humidified. 7. Consider medical acupuncture. Energy moving protocols for lung health can be very powerful in helping to prevent and treat bronchitis. Stay well.
Mist. Mist patients with recurrent bronchitis every year same time may have asthma that may be seasonal and don't know it. You will need to discuss with your primary care or pulmonologist and get full pulmonary function tests. Depending on your time of symptoms inhalers may be started one month prior to start of symptoms. For example if you have bronchitis every november you could start controlling inhalers in october and use it until your usual duration of symptoms and then stop after u r over the danger zone.