My urinalysis shows gravity of 1.010, blood of +2 and RBC of over 100 result, what does it mean? I recently had UTI and after a few weeks of medication and this 3rd urinalysis result, that's what i've got. Though in the 2nd urine result, i got +1 blood an

In brief: Hello.

Hello. The normal specific gravity for an adult ranges from 1.
001 to 1.030. This tells you how concentrated your urine is (i.e., are you well hydrated). Yours is fine. The rbc count shows that over 100 red blood cells were counted per high power field (with microscope). Normal is 4 rbc per high power field or less. 2+ blood is also a description of blood in urine. If your menstrual blood was an issue, this would be a contaminant and you would be able to tell because there would be a number of epithelial cells noted on the lab report.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham