Is this amount of blood normal for a period? I have a birth control called implanon. For the first year i did not bleed at all then suddenly after a year and 2 weeks i started to bleed. It has been 2 weeks of heavy bleeding and sever cramps, I am also tir

In brief: If

If you are becoming tired, dizzy and lightheaded, you may be losing so much blood that you are anemic or hypovolemic (losing fluid volume).
You may need IV hydration and medical intervention because of your extent of blood loss. I do recommend that you go to the er because of your symptoms.

In brief: If

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine