My son recently have flu for 2 days now, and today his right ear is painful, his been taking childrens tylenol (acetaminophen) , he start crying what's good for him? With out seen a doctor. Or we have too bring him to the emergency room?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I don't think this issue warrants a visit to the emergency room. However, an office visit with his pediatrician would be a good idea.
His doctor will be able to examine him and determine if there is a source for infection that requires antibiotics (which could possibly be an ear infection). In the meantime if tylenol (acetaminophen) is not working for his pain, children's Ibuprofen may provide some relief. Check with the pharmacist for the correct dose if he is under 2 years of age (do not use if he is less than six months old). I hope he is better soon.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey