Is acai pill cleanse safe to use for someone who is healthy? I bought an acai pill cleanse at bj's warehouse .....Figured it must be safe for them to sell that way but am still skeptical. I am in my late forties and very healthy and active.. Just want to

In brief: The

The acai berry is a fruit from acai trees in brazii.
Yes, it is normally safe for a cleanse. Like other fruits, if you eat too much of it at a time you could develop nausea, diarrhea or an uncomfortable stomach. The acai berry is reported to contain caffeine (although some contend it doesn’t), so if you ingested a lot it might cause a headache or insomnia. Because you are taking acai in the form of a pill, it could have additives. Acai berries are taken to assist with weight loss or internal cleansing. Before starting any weight loss program, it is best to check with your doctor. It sounds like you are already aware that you need to eat a healthy balanced diet and to get regular aerobic activity for any program to help you. Take care.

In brief: The

Dr. Jane Van Dis