Is my spotting normal? Eleven days after my period stopped i began to have some bleeding. The blood is dark brown to black, and my stomach has been feeling odd. I've been using tampons but when i wipe there is still some bright red blood.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Spotting

Spotting is not normal, and can happen for several reasons.
The most important thing is to be sure that you are not pregnant, as spotting can happen during pregnancies, especially if it is a tubal pregnancy (ectopic), so please be sure that you are not pregnant. Spotting can also occur if your hormones are fluctuating, from stress or other issues. If you have increased bleeding, any pain, light-headedness, or faint, then you must be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Spotting

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav