What is this cough I have a really bad cough that stops me from breathing half the time and when i try to get it to stop i can't and nothing is working

In brief: Hello,

Hello, sounds like you get some pretty severe paroxsyms of coughing.
Do not know if you are a smoker and do not know if this is a chronic problem. You will need to see your doctor to get this properly evaluated. If you are prescribed ace inhibitors, that can be a cause of coughing. Mycoplasma pneumonia can cause paroxsyms of dry coughing that is worse at night. Pertussis or whooping cough can causes coughing bouts. Although most people are vaccinated against pertussis as a child, your immunity level declines with age. You could have asthma or bronchitis. I recommend that you see your doctor. Take care.

In brief: Hello,

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology