Should i be worried if I am spotting 3 days after losing my virginity? Hi, i recently just lost my virginity and i understand that when you first start having sex that you bleed.

In brief: Hello.

Hello. I cannot diagnose the cause of your spotting.
Bleeding / spotting after sexual intercourse is called postcoital bleeding. It is not uncommon to have spotting the first time after having sexual intercourse. It can be the result of the hymen being torn with penetration. If the sexual intercourse was painful there could be some trauma to the tissues in or around the vagina. It is always very important to know your sexual partner well. If your partner has any sexual transmitted diseases that are transmitted to you, that can sometimes be a cause of vaginal bleeding.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Jane Van Dis