I was awakened at 1am, with increasing pain in my left mid-rib cage. History: it has ranged, over the past 1 and 1/2 weeks or more, from a deeper, more internal "ache" to now a more superficial, sharper pain x 3 days that is worsened by even slight exerti

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I am very worried about your symptoms in view that you are having chest pain, and have antiphospholipid antibody, you need to be re-evaluated immediately with consideration for a chest ct to rule out a pulmonary embolism.
I know you are on Lovenox (enoxaparin) so a pe is unlikely but can still definitely occur. Please be seen and re-examined immediately.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology