Why is my stomach hurting so much? I have had horrible watery diarrhea for last 3 days, my stomach is churning so loud it can be heard by others, it feels like my insides are being twisted. On a scale of 1-10 its hurting at an 8

In brief: Good

Good morning, i cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms.
These symptoms could be due to a viral gastroenteritis. There is a lot of that going around. The peristalsis (motility) of the GI tract increases and you end up pushing things through your large intestine so fast, that fluids are not reabsorbed from the feces. The spasm of the smooth muscles in your gut can cause pain. If your symptoms do not resolve fairly quickly, then you could have a bacterial infection, parasite or a disease of the gut. If this is due to a virus, you need to be gentle with yourself. Work hard on staying hydrated. Water is very important, even if you can only tolerate sipping it. Stay away from acidic beverages and caffiene. One of the dangers of severe diarrhea is dehydration. If you try to stay up on fluids but you end up with a really fast heart beat, you feel dizzy (especially if it worse when getting up); you may be dehydrated. In that case, you may need a trip to the emergency room for intravenous hydration. Often pain levels become higher when you are having cramps. If your pain is a true 8/10 and it is consistent (not just when cramping) than it may be prudent to get checked out to ensure that this is not just a viral illness. I hope you feel better soon.

In brief: Good

Dr. Peter Kurzweil