Hi, am a 20 year old male. I took medication for chlamydia a week ago and i still have symptoms i took 4 pink tablets;antibiotics and I have symptoms like a burning sensation in ma penis

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: The

The 4 pink pills you took was a medication called azithromycin.
The 2 gram dose you took was not for chlamydia....It was for gonorrhea. There is a tendency for gonorrhea and chlamydia to travel together. Many times the treatment for one goes hand in hand with the other. The doctor should have put you on Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 10 days as well. Go back to the doctor and tell him what i've told you.

In brief: The

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Jane Van Dis