I was told in 2003 I have a tumor in my spine, inside my spinal cord, grafted to my nrainstem over the past 9 yrs the tumor has grown the entire length of my spine and has increased in size alot, i currently don't have any insurance and haven't had an mri

Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Honestly,

Honestly, the best way to get to a doctor is to have insurance.
With a spinal cord tumor, the evaluation and treatment are very expensive. There are a lot of costs besides the physician fees and few facilities can "eat" such large costs these days. Without insurance, you are essentially untouchable. Paying out-of-pocket is unrealistic as it will be very costly. After 9 years, it is not an emergency, so a hospital er has no obligation to treat you. The health department might give you some direction, but they are typically back-logged. How do you get covered for something that's a pre-existing condition? That's a good question. You can apply for your state's medicaid. They will have some access to the subspecialists you need. Can your fiance(e?) put you on his/her insurance? Sometimes there is a waiting period before pre-existing conditions are covered, but you can get access to more physicians that way. It sounds like your symptoms are progressing to where you may be paralyzed and/or lose control of your bowel and bladder. Whatever route you decide to take, do it very soon!

In brief: Honestly,

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Eric Weisman