Hi i'm 20 yr old male who had a blod clot a year ago in my left leg. (dvt) do I have one i again? I've been experincing the same pain. My left calf has been hurting for the past 4 days. When i dangle or stand up on my leg it throbs even worse when i unloc

Dr. Herbert Aronow
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Recurrent DVT

You need to be evaluated by a physician right away to determine whether you have another (ie, 'recurrent') dvt.
Dvt can be a life-threatening problem.

In brief: Recurrent DVT

Dvt can be a life-threatening problem.
Dr. Herbert Aronow
Dr. Herbert Aronow
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

I would recommend that you proceed to undergo a venous Doppler sonogram as quickly as possible to determine if he do have another episode of a deep vein thrombosis.

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: The

The spontaneous development of a blood clot in a young man is unusual and suggests a clotting abnormality.
Hopefully, you were fully evaluated at that time and, if necessary, started on appropriate therapy. If not, then you should be. If you had a clot before, you could certainly have one again, especially if your symptoms are the same. I would definitely suggest that you see a doctor and be evaluated.

In brief: The

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine