I had a DSEK surgery to get a premium IOL. The cornea slipped. A month later, after trying to "pull" it into place, it had wrinkles and I could not see. My doctor did another cornea transplant without any complications. Then I developed cystoid macular ed

Dr. Robert Broderick
Ophthalmology

In brief: Toric

Toric implants correct astigmatism and are not multifocal in this country yet.
The fact that you have had several corneal procedure may have changed the astigmatism on the corneal place and therefore the toric lens may not be helping as much as your surgeon had hoped for. A bout of cystoid macular edema may also leave the eye with reduced visual acuity or a least a decrease in contrast sensitivity. I think that if i were you i would get spectacles to correct any residual astigmatism or myopia and would not be in a rush to do any additional surgery such as lens replacement. It sounds like your surgeon did a great job and was able to navigate through some difficult problems. Dsek is a great advance and is a major advantage over traditional corneal transplant, but it still surgery and in the best hands the donor tissue can slip. Best of luck.

In brief: Toric

Dr. Robert Broderick
Dr. Robert Broderick
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: First,

First, you should state your vision before and after all these procedures.
It is very rare for the patient to see 20/20 after all the surgeries that you had. If the corneal graft is of good quality (from a young donor with high endothelial cell count) and it is well centered, and the toric iol is correctly positioned, and the cystoid macular edema is completely resolved with no retinal nerve damage... Then it is still difficult to obtain 20/20 vision. Your eye had many problems. And if your vision is anything close 20/20 then you should count your blessings. This may not be the answer you were looking for but i think it is important for the patients to be informed of proper expectations - something that your surgeon should have discussed with you.

In brief: First,

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: That

That may be the case, but glasses prescription should make this somewhat better if though you have the toric lens implant.
Ask your cornea surgeon what the limitations are.

In brief: That

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman