Will keeping my cellphone under my pillow eventually give me head or neck cancer?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Not that we know

There has been no proven information that cancer is caused be cellphones.
However why take the chance and don't put it under your pillow.

In brief: Not that we know

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: No

Most likely not. Radiation put out by cell phones have very limited penetration.
Pillow is thick enough to degrade the radiation (distance and shielding). Long term use of cell phones next to ear may after many years of use introduce some risk, yet undefined. Specially in the very young children extensive use next to skin should be avoided.

In brief: No

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: No

I am very dubious about reports of cell phone related induced malignancy, but why do you need to keep the hand-held under the pillow?

In brief: No

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi