Why am in swelling and having numbness in my fingers have had blood test and it is not my tyroid, and I have took fluid pills and they do not help, what could it be?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: You

You listed back pain, knee pain as other key words if you are having swelling and these issues perhaps it is inflammatory and you need to see a rheumatologist.

In brief: You

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Your

Your symptoms are unusual and i can understand your concern.
I am glad that you have been seen medically and had blood tests. There are different causes of numbness in the fingers and feet (peripheral neuropathy). Diabetes can cause it, and some types of exposures such as from chemicals or medications can also cause it. Vitamin deficiencies can cause it as well. Carpal tunnel syndrome can cause pain and numbness in your hands. Swelling is a different issue. I am glad you had your thyroid checked, please be sure your renal functions were checked too. Please don't be frustrated by the lack of diagnosis and follow-up with your physician to let them know you are still having a problem.

In brief: Your

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Eric Weisman