How the size of arm cuff would affect the reading of blood pressure? I have a arm size 8.5 in. If I use the blood pressure monitor with arm cuff range 9-13 ins. How would the readings affect the accuracy? In other words, would the reading be over rated or

In brief: Hi.

Hi. There can be an error in reading the blood pressure if the cuff is too large or too small.
A blood pressure cuff that is too small can give a reading that is too high. A blood pressure cuff cuff that is too large can give a reading that is too low.

In brief: Hi.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I agree with dr. Fowler. It is very important to use a correct blood pressure cuff.
The cuff size can make a very significant change in blood pressure readings, that is why we have special cuffs to use for larger individuals and for pediatric patients.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology