I am an avid bike rider and i crashed about 3 to 4 weeks ago. I thought i had a bruised palm. I am beginning to think it is a broken 4th or 5th metacarpal. I still have full range of motion of my wrist and fingers. It hurts slightly to grip the handle bar

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You

You may have fractured the hook of your hamate bone deep in the palm. The only way to rule this out is with a special view xray or ct scan.
I would suggest seeing a hand surgeon.

In brief: You

I would suggest seeing a hand surgeon.
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: I

I agree you could have a fracture especially if you still have pain.
So go get seen as said before it may not be enough just to show up locally nd get an x-ray special views may be needed. With negative films know that bad palm contusions can also take a few months to resolve but rule out a fracture at the base of the metacarpal as you suspect and don't forget about that hamate bone.

In brief: I

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Andrea Brand