Do people with somatization or undifferentiated somatoform disorder's experience symptoms during sleep? Is it typical for a patient diagnosed with a somatoform disorder to experience symptoms of autonomic dysfunction while sleeping? The sleeping symptoms

Dr. Reynald Ferraz

In brief: I

I also don't think it is typical for autonomic dysfunction to occur in people with somatoform disorders during sleep.
It does happen; part of differential diagnoses and workup for somatoform disorders include screening for adrenal problems which are a source of adrenaline, heart problems like atrial fibrillation. It's been said that patients with these mental health conditions have high autonomic arousal.

In brief: I

Dr. Reynald Ferraz
Dr. Reynald Ferraz

In brief: Not

Not necessarily. I recommend that you sit down with the sleep specialist, to obtain the best explanation of for these issues.
He or she can then give you direction about how next to proceed.

In brief: Not