Heart beating rapidly when ever i go upstairs or run. I am overweight, and i think that there is a history of heart disease in my family. I will run up the stairs or do anything active and my heart beats fast. It scars me. I think I am just psyching mysel

Dr. Steven Guyton
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: The

The random chest pains are unlikely to be indicative of heart disease.
It sounds like the best thing you could do for your health is to lose weight, don't smoke and get more exercise. Most colleges have student health services, which may be your best option to get comprehensive evaluation of your health situation without being hit with a large bill.

In brief: The

Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Marsha Davis