My fingers are turning blue and i feel some tingling in them, especially my right hand finger next to my thumb. I have high blood presssure and take medication for it. I have had this happen to me before about a year ago, but now it is constant. What coul

Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: From

From your description, it sounds like you are having some sort of vascular problem with your hands.
You should see your primary care physician promptly as some of these can progress to damage the tissues in your fingers. Some people have raynaud's phenomenon which causes blood to be diverted from the hands to the body in response to small changes in temperature. Most people are able to manage their symptoms and keep their bodies warm to distribute more blood to the fingers. However, those symptoms tend to come and go rather than being constant. Some others have collagen vascular diseases, such as lupus, scleroderma, sarcoid, or crest syndrome, that cause "vasculitis" that limits blood flow to the fingers. These conditions can cause sores (ulcers) on the fingertips and sometimes loss of the fingertip. There are a variety of treatments for the fingers, including medications and injections, but controlling the underlying disease is more important. Other causes are emboli (blood clots blocking circulation) and peripheral vascular disease (similar to heart disease, but in the smaller blood vessels). The important thing is to get evaluated and treated before any tissue damage can occur. In a truly ischemic (no blood flow) finger, that may be hours!

In brief: From

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Circulation,

Circulation, nerve suply, peripheral neuropathy, hormonal causes, thyroid disease, arthritis all can affect circulation.
Get evaluated.

In brief: Circulation,

Get evaluated.
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint

In brief: This

This sounds indeed like a vascular problem, such as raynauds, but an in person evaluation is needed, preferably sooner rather than later.

In brief: This

Dr. David Greuner
Dr. David Greuner