I have already had my period, but I am bleeding again. What could this be caused from? I have had two c-sections in the past. One was an emergency and the other was planned. I have a boyfriend and we have been together for over a year now. I have my p

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Irregular

Irregular bleeding can be caused by fluctuations in hormones or multiple other causes.
If you think there is any chance you could be pregnant and that it is spotting, then please take a pregnancy test. Please be sure that your pap smear is up to date. If you have continued irregular bleeding you will need a complete gynecological evaluation. If you have pain, increased bleeding, light-headedness or fainting then you would need to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Irregular

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis