What's causing phlegm in throat april of last year i was diagnosed with having follicular lesions on both thyorids. Due to losing my health insurance, i wasn't able to have them taken out and now it seems as if there is mucas constantly stuck in my throa

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The phlegm/mucous in your throat is more likely due to allergies, however you need immediate care for your thyroid issue as this may be playing a role even though the symptoms you described are not typical of follicular lesions.
First of all, contact your local county hospital for free or low cost care. You can also ask to speak to a social worker for help in getting medical care. In the meantime take a daily antihistamine like Claritin or alavert. Also try Mucinex (guaifenesin) to help loosen the phlegm. Best of luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine