What is an iron transfer I am low on iron & yellow in skin color

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I am assuming you are referring to an iron transfusion.
If this was recommended then you are dealing with a severe iron deficiency anemia and possibly another issue as indicated by your skin discoloration. To answer your question, a irn tranfer is a procedure where an IV (intravenous) line is placed in your arm and an entire iron dosage is administered in a single dose. This procedure is usually done for convenience to the patient because daily iron supplements are eliminated. This may need to be repeated in three months, your doctor will be able to give you a complete treatment plan. Best of luck.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson