How to relieve rectal chlamydia symptoms until test results come back? I went to my gyno yesterday and since I am with a new partner they suggested i get a chlamydia and gonorrhea test. The only thing my doctor was concerned about was that one morning aft

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Don't delay Rx

When chlamydia is strongly suspected, treatment (usually with azithromycin or doxycycline) should be given without waiting for test results.
Speak with your doctor about being treated now. Good luck!

In brief: Don't delay Rx

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Until

Until you see the doctor you can try some over the counter hemorrhoid medication.
There are many products in your local pharmacy dedicated to hemorrhoid treatment. These include creams that you apply to the rectum, medicated pads that can be placed over the anus, and rectal suppositories that can be inserted into the rectum. I recommend one of the first two choices until you can see the doctor. Also increase your fiber and water intake. Take care.

In brief: Until

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy