What would happen if i smoke novocaine? For example, if i was to lace novocaine on tobacco and smoke it from a water-pipe. Would my lungs go numb? I know this would be a bad idea, but what kind of ramifications could one expect from doing so?

Pathology

In brief: VERY bad idea

First and foremost, you're asking to put the conduction system of your heart to sleep, just like novocaine puts your teeth to sleep in the dentist's office.
Numbing your throat invites fatal aspiration. I don't want to see you on my autopsy table at all, let alone from doing this.

In brief: VERY bad idea

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Smoking

Smoking novacaine could cause a dysrhythmia to your heart, as it affects the membrane of the conducting system of the heart, and could affect your swallowing reflexes causing you to aspirate.
Either of these conditions could result in mortality.

In brief: Smoking

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Eric Weisman