My breast cancer came back after 13 years - has radiation and chemotherapy improved since then?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

New chemotherapy agents have been introduced.
There are also newer types of rmachines and techniques. However in regards to radiation if you had the same exact problem now versus 13 years ago the treatment might be exactly the same.

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

I'm sorry your breast cancer came back.
Yes, chemo and radiation have both improved in the last 13 years. Radiation is more targeted with new techniques, and there are many more chemotherapy drugs to choose from that are less toxic. Medications to prevent side effects like nausea are also greatly improved.

I'm sorry your breast cancer came back.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Very much so

Greetings from waco.
Sorry to hear your cancer relapsed. If there is any consolation, know that the fact it took so long to come back suggests it should respond well to therapy (i'm assuming it is er positive). Also, know that cancer treatment has definitely improved and continues to do so. Fight well and best to you.

In brief: Very much so

Greetings from waco.
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

Vast improvements have been made over the last 13 years in the treatment of breast cancer.

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham