Can i take Xanax before a CT scan with contrast? Xanax is a daily medication for me for severe anxiety. I wasnt told not to take any medications but to not eat or drink for 2 hrs prior. Can i still take my medication in the morning before the scan. If the

Dr. Barry Levin
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Probably

This should not be an issue, but contact the radiologist who is performing the test to be sure before just taking any medication.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Stephen Whipple
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: The

The administration of contrast sometimes produces nausea and vomiting.
It is prudent to have an empty stomach, however a pill swallowed with a mouthful of water is reasonably safe. There is no known interaction between intravenous contrast and xanax (alprazolam). You should be fine to pre-medicate, however a ct exam is very easy and much less anxiety/claustrophobia invoking than an mri.

In brief: The

Dr. Stephen Whipple
Dr. Stephen Whipple
Dr. Eric Weisman