I have mono. My symptoms have not improved much in 6 months. Any advice? I am 58 yrs. Old, a teacher, and was diagnosed with mono 6 months ago. I have been out of work during this time with granted sick leave. I am scheduled to go back to work in two week

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Mononucleosis...or

Mononucleosis.
..Or mono as it is referred to can be caused by more than several viruses. Typically epstein barr....But cytomegalovirus (CMV) may cause the same. The disease state varies tremendously. Some who test positive with the mono-spot may have little to no symptoms while others are entirely debilitated. It may take up to a year for the after effects of the viral infection to run its course. I call this the hit and run phenomenon...The offending agent is for all intensive purposes gone...But the damage remains.

In brief: Mononucleosis...or

Mononucleosis.
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Jonathan Jassey