Is there a way to insert something into my breast where the cancer was removed and do radiation therapy from the inside?

Yes. This is a new technique called "accelerated partial breast irradiation", apbi. A hollow device is placed where the cancer was removed. Radioactivity is put in the device twice a day for five days. Trials show this equals whole breast radiation for small tumors with negative nodes in women over 60 who don't need chemotherapy. More studies are underway. Go to www. Astro. Org for updated guidelines.
Yes. Mammosite, contura and others are names of the catheters that are inserted in the lumpectomy site that allow radiation to temporarily be inserted and give radiation from the inside out. You have to be the right age and stage to qualify.
Mammosite and its. Current copies. The lump needs to be deep enough, and the lesion needs to be small enough and excised. The m product used one channel, there are newer balloons that are multi channeled. This is not for everyone, but check it out with someone that does it.