Is the material used for cosmetic bonding and tooth-colored fillings the same? I think I have a cavity on my front tooth. Obviously i don't want silver filling in it. I want it to look natural. I have bonding on my other tooth and it looks great. Will my

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Generally

Same family of materials, some technical differences depending on location and function.
If all in front, then the same.

In brief: Generally

If all in front, then the same.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: The same

Cosmetic dental bonding is the same tooth-colored material the dentists use for frontal teeth fillings.

In brief: The same

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Basically

Just as there are many different dental bonding systems, each best for different purposes, there are different tooth colored filling materials for different parts of one's mouth.
Some for the chewing surface, some primarily for esthetic considerations, some for building up a severely decayed tooth prior to a crown. Talk to your dental professional to see what's best in your situation.

In brief: Basically

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dear

Dear concerned: the short answer to your question is: yes.
The material used for bonding and "white fillings" is the same. However, i cannot possibly answer the question about your dentist's ability. Most dentists practice to "make a living". They want you to be happy, come back for preventive treatment, and refer friends and family. It is in the dentist's best interest to give you "the best" he/she can do. However, abilities and skills do differ. Just like in any other profession, some are better than others. If you have had a good experience with your dentist before, you have all the reasons to belive that the experience will continue. If you are not certain, ask your dentist to see photos of his/her work. Many dentists document their work and will be more than happy to show you thier "portfolio". Best of luck, dr. Zev kaufman.

In brief: Dear

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: In

In a nutshell, yes.
Your dentist should be able to make the filling look very natural.

In brief: In

In a nutshell, yes.
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dr. Lance Timmerman