Why are my dentures so uncomfortable? I've had them for about 2 months. My dentist said it would get better as my mouth heals. But it's not. Could they be made wrong? My dentist still won't check them. Just says to be patient. .

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: He/She Should Check

If it's been 2 months, I think they should be checked by your dentist.
That being said, it can take quite a while for a denture to become comfortable, especially if you had some teeth removed at the time your denture was delivered. But, after 2 months, he/she should at least take a look, in my opinion. Even if there's nothing he/she can do, he/she should at least listen to your concerns and check.

In brief: He/She Should Check

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See specialist

If your Dentist will not see you , then see the specialist -- the Prosthodontist.
Good Luck.

In brief: See specialist

Good Luck.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Give doc a chance

Depending on the type and quality of your denture, you may be experiencing perfectly normal responses.
Dentures are difficult for anyone to adjust to. See your doctor and have him or her perform adjustements to see if they help. Otherwise, you may need a reline if retention is the issue. Finally, perhaps your expectations of the prosethesis are too high.

In brief: Give doc a chance

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. James Vito
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Do not fit correctly

When dentures do not fit correctly they rock/rub pinching the gum tissue between the underlying bone and the denture.
Check with another dentist. Sometimes a small adjustment or a reline will correct hel problem.

In brief: Do not fit correctly

Dr. James Vito
Dr. James Vito
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: Need more info

Is this your first set of dentures or a replacement set.
The answers are different depending on your answer. Either way if your dentist refuses to look at them or check them and you continue to have problems i would suggest a second opinion.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Robert Faber
Dentistry

In brief: Impossible

Impossible to say without examining you and said dentures and also knowing what aftercare your dentist has/has not provided.
If you haven't worn dentures previously, you should expect that they will be uncomfortable until you get used to being a denture wearer. Dentures are nowhere near as comfortable as real teeth, and you should've been prepared for that reality prior to treatment.

In brief: Impossible

Dr. Robert Faber
Dr. Robert Faber
Dr. Andrea Brand