Will my dental insurance cover tooth shaping? I'm really bothered by my long front teeth and would like to get tooth shaping, but i'm a student and broke. Does dental insurance ever cover this procedure? .

In brief: Dental

Dental insurance usually does not cover this but every plan differs.
For the most part important to remember that dental insurance would probably be better termed something else like " dental discount" as it rarely covers all of any procedures

In brief: Dental

Dr. Michael Sophocles
Dr. Michael Sophocles
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dear

Dear student: dental insurance, just like car insurance, homeowner's insurance, etc.
Is a contract between you (the patient) and the insurance company. As with any contract, there are "terms and conditions" which should be outlined in your insurnce agreement. Please refer to your policy, call the insurance directly, or better yet, have your dentist submit a "pre-determination" to the insurance company. This way you will know exactly if the insurnace will pay and how much. Best of luck, dr. Zev kaufman.

In brief: Dear

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dental

Dental insurance generally will only pay for "needed" treatment and not elective treatment.
Contouring teeth is usually not very expensive, but all out of pocket.

In brief: Dental

Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian