How to clean stained dentures? I drink a lot of coffee, and it has stained my dentures. Soaking with cleaning tablets didn't work completely. Is there something else i can try? .

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dear

Dear coffee drinker: soaking dentures is nice, but it does not work nearly as well as brushing the dentures.
Physical removal of plaque and stain is necessary. There are several companies which make special denture brushes and some even make special paste (you can easily use tooth paste). All these products are available in your local pharmacy. In addition, ask your dentist if he/she has a laboratory and a dental sand blaster. Most prosthodontists and some dentists, have "in house--on premisses" dental laboratories. They should have the proper equipment. They will be more than happy to "blast" the stains off your dentures and re-polish them. In my practice, my denture patients come in for periodic examination and cleaning and re-polishing of their dentures at least yearly. The dentures always look like new. At home i encourage them to brush the dentures and physically remove all deberis and stain and only then, soak them. Best of luck, dr. Zev kaufman.

In brief: Dear

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Your dentist

Bring them in and see if they can clean in the ultrasonic cleaner, and then polish.
You should always brush them with toothpaste before the cleaning solution -- this will also help. Once badly stained, only the dentist can help.

In brief: Your dentist

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Try this

Once a week, use a couple of drops (only) in the water to enhance the cleaning power of the solution you use for soaking.

In brief: Try this

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Andrea Brand