How long till teething pain stops? My doctor told me my 6 month old is starting to go through teething, and so far nothing I do seems to help except using the refrigerated rings. How long can I expect this to continue for? .

In brief: Typically

Typically babies teeth from around four months and 2½ years old.

In brief: Typically

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: About 2 years

Most babies get their first teeth at around 6 months old and finish getting their second baby molars about 2 1/2 years old.
Babies do not teeth continuously during this time but on and off. The refrigerated ring works great. A damp washcloth frozen in the freezer works good as well. Try to avoid using medication accept as a last resort.

In brief: About 2 years

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: Awhile

It won't be steady but 2 to 2 1/2 years is the time frame for baby teeth then it all starts over at 6 years for the permanent ones.

In brief: Awhile

Dr. John DeWolf
Dr. John DeWolf
Dr. Shontae Buffington