What can I use over-the-counter for a yeast infection? Having discomfort down in my vaginal area

You . You can treat most vaginal yeast infections with an over-the-counter vaginal cream or suppository available at most large drugstores. They come in one-day, three-day, and seven-day strengths. Many of the over-the-counter vaginal creams have the same ingredients as a prescription strenght but less concentrated. Some common brands are: Gyne-Lotrimin or Mycelex (clotrimazole), gynezol or femstat (butoconazole), monistat (miconazole nitrate), vagistat-1 (tioconazole), and large pharmacy brands (generics) are also available and equally effective. Please, read all package directions carefully before using any vaginal cream to treat a yeast infection, to make sure your are not treating the wrong condition or get hurt. Hope this helps.