Is it true that lung cancer only has a 5% survival rate, even with radiation and chemo?

Bibliotherapy! Sometimes reading can cause more problems than it solves. Statistics like this demonstrate the poor outcomes that have been seen in the past, but does not tell you how you will do today with the treatment you receive. Wise doctors select treatment likely to be beneficial for you, rather than focusing on the negative. Advanced cancer has poor outlook for most, but some profit from treatment.
That would be low. Vanderbilt has a 35% 2 year survival for unresectable lung cancers, and survivals for adenoca and small cell are improving with new drugs and regimens. But survivals depend on both stage and defined survival period, 1 min survivals are almost 100% and hundred year survivals are 0%.
Depends on stage. Survival for lung cancer is stage specific. Early stage has better survivalmthen late stage. However if you are being treated for lung cancer, the important thing is to stay positive and optimistic, regardless of the stage.