What could be causing a tendons in my neck to protrude causing pain and tightness in my face? My neck and face are sensitive to touch too

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Irritated Nerve

Some nerves in the face and neck can become irritated or pinched as the come out of the brain.
These nerves include the trigeminal and facial nerve. This would produce symptoms similar to those you describe. I would suggest talking to a neurosurgeon to see if this can be helped by medications, injections or perhaps surgery.

In brief: Irritated Nerve

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Payam Rafat
Good answer!
Dr. John Moorhead
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: The

The most common causes of this are muscle strain and stress.
Emotional stress can cause people to unconsciously maintain muscle tension in their jaw and neck muscles, leading to tenderness along the side of the face and neck. It can also lead to bruxism, or teeth clenching, which increases tension in these areas. Sometimes over-exercise can cause strain as well. Problems with posture or sleeping positions can also lead to muscle tension. Finally, abnormalities in the spine can lead to pinched nerves which can cause muscle tightness and spasm as well.

In brief: The

Dr. John Moorhead
Dr. John Moorhead
Dr. William Forsythe